Saturday, January 3, 2009

So What About Quality When There's No Quantity?

This morning I was having a conversation with my mom who's here on a visit from Malaysia. We started talking about buying a land and building a house and why my dad wanted to build instead of buying a ready built one. It's kinda funny how people like to justify what they want by telling you that that's what 'you want'. But I told her it's ok, I'm just happy that God has lead me thus far. It doesn't matter whether it's a ready house or we build, I'll still be happy cause I know that I'm walking in the will of God (so I hope). So gave the entire decision to my wife and my parents. Some may say it's silly, but I think it's a wise thing to do :P

Anyways, somehow during the course of the conversation, the subject stirred drastically. How and why? I've got no idea. But we ended up talking about what my plans are for the future. As I've mentioned before, I'm working towards being a Worship pastor or pastor. While on that topic, we started talking about church and while in the subject of church, started getting some revelation on certain things which I'm very excited about.

I'm sure some of you are curious about the title of this blog. Let me start by saying that this is by no means condemning anyone or organization. It's just my point of view. What I hope to achieve is that I hope it will rock the boat a little to start you thinking a little bit more about God and less about yourself.

How many times have you heard a Christian ministry or church say this ... 'We don't care about Quantity, all we care about is Quality!'. I used to be a traveling minister. I've travelled to most parts of Malaysia, some parts of US, Canada and also Japan. Because of the nature of the ministry I was in, I've also had plenty of opportunities to work with other Christian organizations. I must say I've heard that statement enough times. The thing is, I was so impressed with the pastors and ministers that said it. I was thinking to myself "Wow, that's such a powerful statement. I hope one day I will have that kinda quality". Well, after today ... I must say that I have to seriously rethink this statement.

When I was talking to my mom, I made 2 statements that got me curious. The more I meditate on it, the more I feel convinced about it ... Physical Multiplication and Spiritual Multiplication. Here's the thing ... Is it God's will? Can these 2 be separated? Can we have one without the other? At the end of this blog, I hope to open a new door for you to explore. Here's my view "We need Physical multiplication so that the Spiritual multiplication can be experienced and that causes physical multiplication all over again. YOU CAN'T AND SHOULDN'T SEPARATE THEM!". Also I would like to discuss the danger of falling into the lie of the devil in this matter.

I'm too tired now to go on .... will continue tomorrow .... Selah :)

1 comment:

agnus21dei said...

where's the conclusion to the post bro?