Monday, February 2, 2009

Tim's original worship song No. 11 ... One Thing I Ask

Have you ever felt that sometimes you complicate the things of God too much and you take a step back and realize that actually it's so simple. Many times we don't even understand the simplest things of God, yet we expect to achieve bigger things for His Kingdom.

No ... This is not a rebuke to anyone. I'm sure all of you reading this are walking in His will and achieving His perfect plan for you :P As for me, there's still so many things for God to work out in my life. But like I've mentioned to people before .... I serve God not because I'm perfect, but because I'm flawed and by His grace I'm made worthy. Last Sunday, I was reminded of a verse in the bible which I've even wrote a song about many moons ago ...

Matt 6:33
Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all will be added to you ...

Honestly, sometimes we are so caught up with things that are happening around us till we lose sight of God's Kingdom. Nothing really matters anymore if and when that happens. Our loved ones, our finances, our sacrifices "for the sake of the call", our worship, our prayers, NOTHING matters anymore when we lose sight of His Kingdom. Friends, trust me when I say this ... It is so easy to lose sight of God's Kingdom. What happens when we say we dwell in His Kingdom? It basically means we welcome His rule over our lives. When we lose sight of it, it means we've migrated to another kingdom. Now the question is ... Who is ruling over your life now? Who's kingdom are you dwelling in?

By God's initial design, we were suppose to only have one King and that was God Himself. But along the way, people got distracted, unsatisfied with the answers and results and decided that it is better to have their earthly king just like the rest of the other people (1 Samuel 8:1-7). These are the people that God, their King who brought them out of Egypt, with all the miracles and spiritual interventions, they still can lose sight of His Kingdom. The strangest thing is that they were willing to give everything up to have their earthly kingdom. Their children, their food, their comfort, just so that they can get their own way (1 Samuel 8:9-22) and yet, God says OK.

What a big God we serve! Imagine if your son or daughter or your sis or brother comes over to you and say they owe you nothing even when you've given them everything and when they leave, they still take whatever that's left in your house with them and as they were at the doorstep they turned around and demanded that you turn over the house you're living in to them by tomorrow .... How would you feel? What would your response be? God's response to their ridiculous demand was simply "OK" ... the house is yours. That's how big our God is. How big are we when sometimes we shout and yell at each other just to show how right we are. God turned His Kingdom over to us because we asked for it. How much more do you think God will do for you?

His Kingdom ... What makes God's Kingdom? The first is obvious ... of course God. His Kingdom represents God's rule, His Lordship, His Leadership, His Kingship, over our lives. But there's one aspect that I seldom hear people talk about when they talk about His Kingdom .... The People .... There is no kingdom when there are no people. When we set our eyes on His Kingdom, it is not just God that we need to be concern about, but also His people. A kingdom prospers when the people living in it prospers.

Why did I write about this? Right now, I've got no idea ... hmmmm. I just started typing and it ended this way. Anyways, I ask you to look around you. If you are only concerned about God and not his people, then you may have lost sight of His Kingdom. Don't lose sight. God Bless you!

Continue to always seek God (Matt 6:33). I love worshiping God with this song cause it acknowledges His Kingship over me.

Download:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome song. Fine performance. U usiong a home studio or doing it in a 'shop'?

Unknown said...

I did it on my notebook with a recording interface. Do have the money go to a proper studio just yet. Suppose to send these songs to the Christian Recording labels. So far I've only got one contact at Integrity Music. Will be pray for more contacts to come my way. Thanks for your kind words bro.