Friday, February 13, 2009

Tim's original worship song No. 12 ... Hear My Cry

Wow! ... What a week! What a tiring week! Although I didn't do much, but a lot has happened. I'm sure most of ya have already heard about the bushfire tragedy that happened over at Victoria, Australia. For those of you who didn't or haven't, well death toll so far is at 181 and counting. If you want to know more, do Google it.

I also went for an interview for a managerial position at a bookstore. Yeah, some of you might think I've caved in finally and decided to work instead of trusting God in full-time ministry. Well, you're wrong. I'm still trusting God every step of the way. But I just want to put myself out there so that I won't look back one day and say I should have given that a try.

My heart is very heavy ... Why? I don't really know. Maybe among everything that is happening, one of my good friend is leaving to Brisbane to further his studies. Then I'm in the midst of reorganizing certain things and also at the same time needing to bring up a difficult subject matter with relatives. And on top of that I've finally recorded my final demo track, so now I've no more excuses why I'm not sending it out. Seem like this week there's a lot of moment of truths ... yet I'm still thankful and grateful that I'm a child of God. When I turn on the TV and read the news ... I'm even more thankful that I have God.

In this busy and overwhelming world that we live in, we can be so easily sucked into depression and helplessness. I know of someone that their home is being repossessed and another the husband left her and she's pregnant ... It is during these times all we can do is to sit back and be still and know that He is God (Psalm 46:10). 

Why do we need to be still and know? Why can't we be moving and know? or Doing and know? Why be still? Have you ever watch a golf game, when the golfer is about to make a putt, everyone keeps quiet? Or a basketball game ... you scream and shout the whole way through, but during a penalty shot, everyone keeps really quiet? Why? It's because in stillness, we give our mind, spirit and soul a chance to be aligned and focused on the ultimate purpose or goal. For the golfer, it's the golf ball going into the hole. For the basketball player, it's the ball entering the hoop. It is only during the stillness there's nothing else but them and the ultimate purpose or goal. For us, the stillness helps us to align our thoughts, our spirit and soul to God and His purpose. It's when we are aligned with Him, we hear His voice! That's WORSHIP! You can't be distracted and expect to hear from God.

You know which is my favorite verse in there? It's verse 4 "There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God, The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High" ... Wow! Do you know what that means? If you have been following my blog, I talked about the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom of God is not just about God but also about the people. If there are no people, there's no Kingdom.

Do allow me to expound on this ... "There is a river" which in most cases represents the presence of God ... "Shall make glad the city of God" which represents making glad His people as a congregation collectively ... "The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High" ... We are the temple of the Holy Spirit, within us is where God wants to dwell. This is where God gets personal. You see ... When we learn to be still and know that He is God, He promise us His presence for the congregation and for you individually. But we must be willing to be still and know!

Hear My Cry is one of the worship song that was birth out of quietness. I pray that this song will be able help you draw closer to God and Him to you. God Bless!

Download:

2 comments:

agnus21dei said...

The Victorian bushfires are nutterz!

Keep in touch bro. And keep me posted on 'the big family decision'.

I will remember to keep you and your family in prayer (i'll have a lot of time to do that before uni starts)!

Anonymous said...

This song is like the cry of MY heart. I'm so hungry for more of HIM and HIM alone, so tired of the pomp and circumstance...the pagentry and entertainment that should be worship.
Lovely song. Thank you for sharing.